About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rummage Sale Fun

This morning all five of us piled into the minivan and headed out to find some deals. We had no set list just looking for a hidden treasure or fun things for the kids.  I quickly learned how educational going to rummage sales can be with a three year old that asks what everything is or does, even if it looks exactly like the previous item. Example - we were at a church rummage and all the items were divided up by rooms, men's clothes, toys, electronics, holiday, etc. Grant learned about cassette tapes, TVs aren't always flat, that there are many types of candle holders, how to work a jack in the box toy, and so much more. I also have to give Grant kudos for his radar skills, I think he was able to spot every single flashlight for sale today. Norah was able to work on her color and counting skills today. She has been into bracelets lately, possibly because I wear bracelets when I nurse to remind me what side to start on. We found a box of bracelets, we talked about what color they were and she picked out five bracelets to bring home with her.


Norah sporting her new bracelets.



The prize find of the day.....




this play house for $15. We were driving down a street with a few rummage sales when we spotted it. I sent Jason to scope it out. It has been well loved over the years but all the pieces were there.  Jason paid for it and returned to the car without it, finding Grant in tears, the BIG crocodile tears, because he wanted the play house. We explained that we would get it but there wasn't room.  We are finding that with five people in the minivan there isn't a whole lot of extra space, especially with a stroller and walker in tow. Jason drove us home then went back for the play house. Grant planted himself by the from window waiting eagerly for his return. Once in the back yard, Jason then scrubbed it clean, and put it back together, thus making the day of two sweet kiddos.

No comments: