About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Our Newest Addition

Mason Randall Zehrung



Arrived Friday, June 3, 2011 @ 5:17pm.
He weighed in at 8lbs 10oz, & 21in long.

Friday at noon Jason and I left Grant and Norah with their Granny at our house and head down the street for our scheduled csection. I was one day shy of 39 weeks pregnant and ready to meet this little one.

We arrived at the hospital and walked back to our preop room. The room didn't have a bed so we were walked around the labor and delivery department looking for an empty room for us. Apparently it was busy, and the csection that was supposed to be happening then so I could go at 2 oclock was being postponed. But we reassured that everything should be caught up and we would be going for my csection by 2:30pm.

We got setup in our room, my IV was started and I was hooked to the monitor to see if the baby was happy. I think it was to remind me of all the contractions I was having.
  

Well we waited and waited. Then the updates started coming. My doctor was in the OR with another surgery (my doctor was also the in house doctor that day). The next update there is four women all about to deliver within the next hour, darn women who went into natural labor and don't have to have a csection (I was a bit jealous). Then the anestheaologist that I had met with the day previous to discuss my previous problems with epidurals and spinals wasn't going to be available for my csection, so let the discussion begin again...

Finally at 4:45pm it was my turn!! I hadn't ate anything since 9pm the night before, and nothing to drink since 7am, I was getting cranky and anxious to have my baby. Once settled in the OR they brought my husband back to me and things were finally started. 


I have to say have a csection is surreal. You are laying on a table wide awake, being cut open, feeling tugging and pushing, but not really pain. People are in and out of the room and conversation are being had all around you, some about you and some about the NBA finals. Even though this was my third csection, it was the first time I was lucid enough and not in an emergency situation to realize this. Anyway after all that tugging and pulling, the best part, watching my baby come out. He was born at 5:17pm and came out peeing everywhere. Soon after came his little cry. The neonatologist checked him oven and gave him apgar scores of 8 and 9, and he was healthy!!


Now for the hard part, what was this little boy's name going to be. Jason and I had a list with about twenty names we liked, but just coiuld narrow down until we meet this little one. Everyone put in a vote for the names they liked. It was hard to decide but once in recovery and spending sometime with our newest addition, we quickly knew his name. Mason is a name both Jason and I have liked and felt suited our little man. We have continue the tradion of giving our kids middle names of from our families. Randall, Mason's middle name, is my father's name.

Grant and Norah were able to meet their little brother the next morning and already love him and want to help take care of him.





We hung out in the hospital until Monday afternoon, and have been at home enjoying our little ones ever since. Mason is doing great, Grant is being a great big brother trying to help get anything we may need with the occasional tantrum, and Norah is having the toughest time adjusting sharing her mommy, but loves giving Mason lots of kisses.  Lots of the to Granny for taking care of Grant and Norah while we were in the hospital, we miss you.

No comments: