About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Purple"

Grant is finally starting to "use his words." Yesterday we taught him the word purple as we were building castles with his blocks. This morning as he pulled his blocks out again, he picked up a block and proudly announced it was purple.




Hip Hip Hooray as the Super Readers would say - Grant's favorite cartoon.

Getting Grant to talk has been a challenge. Jason and I have found it frustrating to say the least. Grant will proudly say a word, then tuck it back away never to be heard again. Such as toilet, Charlie, Lucy, paper, and so many others.

When Grant turned two in March we decided it was time to step it up. We began signing words to him, he quickly caught on, and more became his favorite sign and word. We bought baby sign language basics by Monta Z.Briant to help expand our signing vocabulary and it has worked well. It has also worked well in teaching him manners with please, thank you and sorry. When we came home from North Carolina, my mom asked what a particular sign was. I laughed because the sign was sorry, Grant must have gotten into some trouble with Granny.

He also started putting words together as well through signing. He'll sign apple while saying juice, or sign ore or please while saying a word.



Good work Peanut, I can't wait to hear what words will come next.

No comments: