About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Neurosurgeon Appointment for Norah

Norah went to visit Dr. Lew for her checkup. Everything looks great with her shunt. Her doctor is concerned that her head growth is not following the growth curve on the chart. When Norah was born, her head size was in the 90th percentile, she is currently in the 40th percentile. After her first shunt failed, it was replaced with a moderate pressure valve shunt, now that shunt may be taking too much fluid off not allowing for adequate growth of her head. The plan is to have a MRI on September 13th, and see him the next day. Until then keep track of Norah's head circumference and hope that it starts to follow a curve. About right now, I wish Norah had a programmable shunt, they could turn it down and voila! problem solved. If her head growth drops further on the chart, Norah's shunt will need to be replaced with the lower pressure shunt. The same pressure shunt that failed her her first week of life......

No comments: