About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Fun

I love Easter, and this year was no exception. I remember last year Easter celebrations being so somber with the unknown of my pregnancy, having just found out our baby was diagnosed with hydrocephalus. A year later, Norah is here and brings our family so much joy.

Our Easter weekend began on Thursday evening when Jason and I piled into the car with the kids to make our 9 hour drive to my parents' house. While driving into the wee hours of the morning isn't our idea of fun we know the kids tolerate the drive much better if they can sleep through it.

We spent the weekend with all my siblings and their families, and 5 dogs. We had time to catch up on the happenings of our lives, cook good food, play kickball and have lots of fun. So much fun that we forgot to dye the Easter eggs, whoops!

Sunday morning we all were up to make it to chuch on time...something our family struggles to do every Sunday, so it was nice to be there with enough time to find a place get settled. After church we spent time trying to organize family pictures at the house, absolute chaos. Kids running around, dogs getting loose, and one Grandpa trying to get the perfect picture of everyone looking at the camera and smiling.

My favorite part of the weekend, the Easter egg hunt that we had on Sunday. Grant is old enough now were he got excited to hunt for eggs and celebrated finding each one. I loved watching him look for eggs, he and his cousin, Ben, helped each other out, they were so cute running around the yard.

No comments: