About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Friday, September 16, 2011

A Walk to the Park



Yesterday while we were enjoying the nice fall weather, we headed out to the park. Norah asked to take her walk instead of go in the stroller. I have been reluctant to let Norah walk to the park with her walker for various reasons. The park is just over two blocks away and Norah's 2, even a typical two year old may not be able to walk that far, let alone with gross motor delays and a walker. If she couldn't make it that would leave me to carry her, push a stroller with Mason in it, and have to carry back her walker. All while trying to keep Grant with us too. Not really the situation I would like. BUT yesterday Jason was working at home, I was excited that Norah wanted to walk, so I thought I'd see how things would go. Jason was a quick phone call away for reinforcement if I needed help. Grant was just as excited for Norah to walk to the park as well, so he left his trike at home and walked with her. I'm so glad she has a big brother.



We made it to the park. And we had fun, chasing each other on the playground equipments, going up and down the slides, a game or two of tic tac toe, and swinging. Grant and Norah kept me busy on the swings. Grant would demand a push, while Norah was telling me to sit right here next to her and in circles I went keeping the both happy.



Mason slept through it all. I do love this park' besides the nice archways, it has a fun tree sculpture, you can frequently find people throwing a party for their dog their in the summer, and the yoga studio down the street holds class there in the summer.


I love how Grant likes to help Norah navigate with her walker. Everytime she hit a crack in the sidewalk he was there to help her out, so sweet.

No comments: