About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Recovery to Recovered


Getting rid of all those bracelets: one each for ID, Allergies, & Fall Risk

Norah has been recovering from her hernia repair. It hasn't slowed her down too much. The first couple days she was taking two or three naps during the day. Sometimes falling asleep while playing. But we couldn't keep her down. She was crawling all over the house, and playing in the sand and water in the backyard. She only had a couple episodes of pain that she expressed to us, and that was in the first 36 hours after surgery.



Post Op Day 3 (looks much better already (Kids are quick to heal))

Once was after she started poking at her belly button incision trying to get through the steri strips. Any onesie style outfit has been big in our house this week to keep Norah away from her incision. We changed her diaper a bit more frequently since her groin incision was glued, wanting to keep it clean and infection free. I was surprise how quickly she was up and going again, kids are truly amazing.



Thank you everyone for your prayers that Norah's surgery went well and for her recovery. As you can see she's back to her silly self :)

No comments: