About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Back to Work

All good things must come to an end - 12 weeks have passed and today I have to return to work :(


This is the longest maternity leave I have ever taken, and am glad I was able to do it. I am blessed to be in a situation where I only have to work part time, but right now I feel like part time is still going to be too much time away from my beautiful babies (Grant tells me he's a big boy, but I tell him he'll always be my baby). I work as a registered nurse, which is great because of the flexiblity of my hours and the variety of different things I could do, for now it's working in an emergency department. So today I will wake up early, and head off to work where electronic charting has been introduced since I left, as well as a change in management. Coworkers have left and new ones have come. I will be anxious, finding my way again and having my little munchins on my mind at the same time. This will all make the day long. I will be happy to be home at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I feel your heaviness. The hardest part is always that beginning adjustment. Hope it goes smooth and you'll be back home with your sweet babes soon