About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

SureSteps

A few weeks ago these little braces made their way home with us. We have been working to get these approved by our insurance since the middle of March.



Norah has had no objection to wearing her braces, and occasionally I see her trying to put them on by herself. Then sometimes I find her taking them off or Grant taking them off (he's not a fan)...overall it's been good. I see more stability in Norah's walking now that she has the braces. She is able to talk five or so steps between Jason and I that are more controlled than ever before. At therapy the last couple of weeks she has been showing off even more taking steps like a pro. Since getting these it has also shown us that her balance and coordination are lacking more so than we had realized. This makes us wonder if her Chiari malformation is more problematic than previously thought to be, especially with the eating issues and vomiting. So now that those pesky hernias are repaired this is the next problem to tackle.


We went out and bought a new pair of shoes the match her cute little braces perfectly. I love how they just blend in with her socks and shoes. I have to credit Jason with the cute pattern on her braces, he went with her for the last sizing when they were ordered and picked out the pattern. Flowers and butterflies - super cute for our little girl.

No comments: