About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Our Backyard



I love spending the long summer afternoons in our backyard. I find it to be a peaceful oasis in the middle of this noisy city. Jason and I have worked hard to make this peaceful retreat for us, a safe place for the kids to play and a spot for our dog to run. A couple years ago we put in the patio. Then after having furniture stolen, twice, we added the fence. I have to thank my mom for helping plant flowers. While we were in North Carolina in May with Norah, she and Grant planted some beautiful flowers.



I am attempting to grow tomatoes and summer squash in a containers along the fence. I would love to have a full garden, maybe someday, where it would go I don't know. These will do for now. I love to check them out everyday to see it anything new is growing. The best part is showing Grant, and listening to him ah over the tomato, or try and pick the squash flowers.



I like having the window boxes on the two garage windows overflowing with flowers, especially when the begin to trail down.



I love making fires in the fire pit on cooler summer evenings. Before Grant and Norah came along we were out be the fire at least once a week. Now we are lucky to make it out there twice a month. Right now, Grant is too curious about fire, so the pit stays covered most of the time.





Maybe tonight would be a good night to sit by the fire....I think that's what we'll do.


No comments: