About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Mason

June 3rd, Happy Birthday Little Dude - as you are affectionately called around here. It has been a full year since you came into this world and became part of our family. I am so happy to be your called your Mom. You have been a smiley guy from the beginning.


You have developed an amazing talent for snuggles, making all the cares and worries disappear as you do, for the most important thing to do in that moment is to give you all the attention, love and snuggles you need. For I know, soon you will be running around and too much will be going on around to take time to sit and snuggle.



You have a big brother who adores you, who loves having you be part of his world. You two share a bedroom together, often I find him laying next to you in your crib keeping you company. He makes sure to keep you happy, finding you a paci when you sad and singing you the ABCs while you are crying. He tries to keep you from trouble either by dragging you by your feet across the floor or by showing off his strength and picking you up. I promise he hasn't dropped you on your head or hurt in his protecting process. Occasionally he does help you find trouble.




Your sister loves her Mr. Mason as she affectionately calls you. She loves to help take care of you, bringing toys to you or helping you eat (sometimes stealing your food). Norah loves to squeeze your cheeks and give you sweet kisses.  Occasionally she gets too aggressive, or will try to pick you up - you both weigh about the same, but Mom and Dad are quick to the rescue for our little man.



You have developed lots of curiosity for the bathroom. As soon as you hear that door open for the bathroom you sprint to the door, going to great length and tantrums to get in if the door is being blocked. Occasionally you are left with an open door and your parents are unaware. You love that toilet, it's filled with water to splash around in, just like a personal tub or pool. You have been caught climbing in a few times, but most just stand next to the edge and reach in. At times you leave the toilet fun behind for the real fun of pulling all the toilet paper off the roll, a pastime for most babies. It's completely magical to keep pulling the paper off the roll...it never ends.



Your favorites include bare feet, your love to take those socks off. Sleeping on your tummy, I love peeking in on you while you are sound asleep on your belly with you legs scrunched up under you. Sweet treats, you have already found your sweet tooth, Norah's been sneaking you peanut butter M&Ms. You love to play with balls, trucks and whatever your brother and sister are playing with.




Life is good. You are growing bigger and stronger each day. You are a babbling machine, especially late in the afternoon and at dinner with your constant mamama, dadadada and babababa. Throw in a few lip smacks and a raspberry or two and a great conversation is in swing.



Happy Birthday Mason - We Love You Little Dude!!!









No comments: