About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Donuts for Breakfast! or not...



This weekend I thought it would be fun to all head off to the bakery to get donuts and coffee in the morning. Jason couldn't agree more, I think he would eat baked goods for every meal with an occasional prime rib if he could. We headed out to Cranky Al's - it's a bakery by day and a pizza place by night, it's a great place with yummy goodness. We let Grant and Norah pick out there donut, they both picked out a chocolate glazed donut. Lately they have been copying each, what ever one wants, does or says the other is right behind doing the same, I love it (most of the time). We sat and enjoyed our morning out, encouraging Grant and Norah to eat their donuts. Well after nearly fourty five minutes and about three bites a piece, Jason packed up their donuts to bring home. Not even a half hour after getting home I heard Grant in the kitchen . . . what does he emerge with . . . a bowl of veggies. He tells me he's hungry for his veggies and Norah is right next to him with veggies as well. Insert Jason shaking his head, saying something like his kids would not pick veggies over donuts, so where did these two come from? I love that they love there veggies and fruits so much. Also I can't believe how independent Grant is becoming getting every out and put away for Norah and him, such a big guy.  So here they are super happy to be enjoying the mix of yellow peppers, carrots and cabbage.


 

No comments: