About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas 2011 - Cookies

Grant loves to help me bake. He jumps up on the chair next to the mixer and helps facilitate all that goes in the bowl. It’s his perch, he doesn’t like when Norah tries to come and help, he pushes her to the side. Or will stand with a board base to make it extra hard to try and gain footing on his spot.


The only time of year I make sugar cookies is Christmastime. Sugar cookies, something I have yet to perfect. This year I made a step in the right direction, I found a new recipe that I love with an unexpected ingredient – sour cream. Who knew?


Grant helped me roll out the dough and cut stars out. I tried to keep thing simple so my little helper could do as much as possible, meaning only one shape to cut and only one color frosting for the cookies. Grant looked over the bottle of food coloring, quickly eliminating green and red, guess he’s seen enough of it through the Christmas season. Then he decided upon blue. Blue stars it is!


Jason and Norah joined in for the decorating, sprinkles where sprinkled….maybe poured onto the top of the frosting, Sprinkles also found there way everywhere else around the kitchen, leaving a big mess. Totally worth it in the end, the cookies turned out delicious.


No comments: