About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 5 ~ Art Museum/Forest Park/Sculpture Park

So today was an interesting-ly loooong day. After five days of being on the go, Grant and Norah are tired, Mason has developed a new habit of waking up once (or twice) in the middle of the night to nurse, and I am running low on some important good mommy attributes like upbeat energy and patience.

Grant and Norah slept in a little later so I looked at our choices of things to do then choose the art museum and a walk in forest park. A little culture then fun walking on the trail. The art museum is free to visit so if the kids didn't like it no money lost.


 Well I have a feeling not many parent bring kids to the art museum because I witnessed a few employees near panic just watching me enter the museum. Grant and Norah were enjoying looking at the contemporary and modern paintings with  me when we were told to step back from the painting, mind you we were already behind the line. Not to mention the unsolicited comments I received from other visitors of the museum. Including, your crazy, my kids are grown and I still would never let them in here, three young kids are not going to enjoy anything here. My favorite I must say was the employee who had asked me if we had been to the zoo yet. It was just down the hill and had free admission as well. This statement was filled with undertones of I think you should go now. So I walked around one more time just to drive them crazy. If my gut feeling was my kids could handle being in an art museum, I would not have come, trust me.

Grant and Norah were not interested in looking at the camera for a picture at all.
We headed out into Forest Park and let Grant roll down the hill in front of the museum while I pushed the stroller down, we meandered through the park and back around to the car.

Jason was back a little early so we headed over to the sculpture park for some more running around before we headed to dinner.


I found it appropriate that Norah was picking her nose while standing in a nose. Once again Mason enjoyed sneaking in a nap while we explored. It was nice to have Jason along as well, despite being with him on his business trip it felt like we barely saw him.

1 comment:

Diane said...

lOL, I love the nose picture.

And I think it's great that you expose your kids to all cultures - even if they may not be interested in it. They will appreciate it later on.