About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Taking a Fall

Norah has been attempting to take 2-3 steps by herself in the last couple of weeks, exiciting right? Usually she steps away from her walker to the table or couch, sometimes a couple steps from the coffee table to the couch. Jason and I have loved watching her working on her balance and taking steps. This morning Norah was giggling at her brother playing with a toy and wanted in on the action. She was sitting on the couch, so she slide off and started taking two step to the coffee table. As soon as I saw her take her first step I knew this was going to end with a fall, mad dash to try a catch her. She fell right into the corner of the coffee table, I expected blood, thankfully none. The was a deep line down her forehead that let you now any more pressure with her fall and we would have been off for stitches. Just a minute later the bump and bruise had already started. I tried to get her to snuggle into an ice pack for a half hour. She would hold her head against it for a few seconds then situp again. So we'll keep a watchful eye on here (as always) to make sure no other concerning symptoms arise.





It doesn't look too awful now, hopefully by Therapy Thursday it's barely noticable, a girl can dream...

No comments: