About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

This year we celebrated Easter at home, without any other family to share in the celebration. The thought of having to sit in the car for nearly nine hours made me have a couple contractions. I guess that's the problem living so far away from family, you never get to see them as often as you would like too. The weekend was a little lonely without them at times (especially going to church Sunday morning, no one to fight over bathroom time :) ) but we filled the week with lots of fun.

This year we were able to dye the egg before Easter, unlike last year when we did the week after Easter.


 

We were ready for church with time to spare, so we let Grant and Norah open the Easter bags that Mimi and Grandpa Bill had sent to them.




We headed to the Cheesecake Factory for brunch after church. I missed having a big Easter dinner to sit down at, but it was nice to be served with no dishes to do at the end of the meal. Norah didn't make it through the meal. First she spilt chocolate milk all over her dress. Then she feel asleep. Meanwhile Grant began crying after he dropped his last strawberry on the floor and we would let him pick it up and eat it. The waiter was so nice, he brought him a second full plate of strawberries.





Back at home it was time for an egg hunt. Grant and Norah loved running around the yard collecting eggs. Grant help Norah fill her basket as well as his own basket.






He is risen! He is risen indeed! Alleluia!

Happy Easter from the Zehrung's


No comments: