About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

White Chicken Enchiladas


Yum, yum, yummy, yum. Did I mentions these are yummy?



These have become a favorite in our house this summer after I discovered the recipe on another blog, Cassie Craves, worth checking out. Hope you enjoy.

White Chicken Enchiladas 
Souorce: Cassie Craves

8-10 soft taco size flour tortillas
2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided

2 cups shredded cooked chicken

3 tablespoons butter

3 tablespoons flour

1 can chicken broth

1 cup sour cream

1 7-ounce can diced green chiles

Cilantro for garnish, if desired


1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix together 1 cup of the cheese and the chicken. Place an equal amount of the mixture into each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down into a 9 x 13-inch pan.

2. In a skillet or saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, whisking until smooth. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Stir in sour cream and green chiles. Pour over the top of the enchiladas; sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.

3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
 
**I have also substitutes shredded beef and pork from left over roast for the chicken, I think I may like shredded pork the best in this recipe. ~Jen

No comments: