About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Potty Training Success, at least stage 1

We have been working on potty training around here the last few weeks. We first introduced the potty chair in March after Grant turned 2, he was very interested in all things potty and bathroom related.



He would use his potty chair off and on since then, we never pushed training until a couple weeks ago, when Grant showed clear signs that he knew what was going on and just preferred his diaper. We started by having him run around naked at home for a week, and would use a diaper when we went out. He quickly mastered using the potty chair, for both #1 and #2.



The next step I was dreading, going out into public without a diaper. Our first few outings, it was as a family and Jason would take Grant to the bathroom, luckily enough there were urinals that were low enough for Grant to use. Then on Sunday we went to a starving artist show in which a port-a-potty was our only option, Grant put it best, "Eww, groody. No peepee." Yup. He's not a huge fan of the public restroom, but he has checked out the bathroom at every store we've visited this last week. He has at least been able to hold it until we have arrived back home to his singing potty.

He still is night trained and occasionally having accidents while napping, but we are getting there!!

In honor of one week using his potty, this morning was all things play-doh. Grant loves play-doh, I on the other hand think of the big mess of sticky little pieces that get tracked over the house. But I let those thoughts go and enjoyed our time together while little Norah napped.

No comments: