About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Zoo Day

Today as Grant, Norah and I were walking at the zoo, we watched two robins eating the scraps of food around the picnic tables. Seeing the robins made me remember being in first grade. We had a contest to see the first robin meaning it was spring and the birds were returning. I pretty sure I only remeber this because I won the contest and recieved the honor of placing the robin sticker on the class calendar. Ever since then I have always been on the lookout for the first robin of spring. I love spring, the fresh, crisp air that drives my sinuses crazy, and the newness of everything.

I have been taking Grant and Norah to the zoo about twice a month since this fall. I have so much fun watching Grant explore, while Norah gets some peace and quiet from her brother. Grant has become my little helper. He loves to push the automatic door opener as we go in and out of all the buildings.

Today as we walked through the big cat building, Grant roared at the lions, tigers and cheetahs, and before we left he blew them all kisses. Then there was Grant kissing the baby gorilla statue, my first thought was that's so cute. My next thought, I sure that is covered with so many germs, I hope he doesn't get sick. Oh well, we moved on.


On our way to the Australian animal building got checked out the bears. Then came the most memorable moment of the day. Norah was ready to eat, I learned the most quiet place to nursing at the zoo is the Australian animal building, especially when the kangaroo's are outside, like today. I got Grant all set up on the bench with his snack, then got Norah out, nursing cover over my head, then ready to sit down. Boom. onto the floor. Seriously. The bench was broken, it's been fine previously, but today not. Oh by the way the building is much busier than usual. Norah and I survived our fall. I quickly gathered all our belonging and moved down to the next bench, before the family walking in the door noticed our chaos. After that Norah made it know she was done. We quick peeked at the giraffes, then she cried all the way to the parking lot.

No comments: