About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Monday, March 14, 2011

When did Grant get big enough to do this?

This morning, while I was still slumbering away, enjoying the end of daylights savings, thinking my little ones where still fouled by the change on time. One smart little boy woke up. Instead of waking to the bottom of the stairs and calling out for "Daddy" and Mommy having to come explain Daddy is already at work, he took care of himself. Uggh. My little boy didn't need me :(

As I stirred, I thought I heard the Television. Hmm, that's unusual. So I slowly flipped myself over, removing the five pillows I'm currently sleeping with to find some sort of night time comfort as I'm entering the 3rd trimester of this pregnancy, and ventured downstairs. This is what I discovered.



Grant had poured himself a glass of milk (with chocolate syrup added) and a bowl of cereal. He also turned on our TV, which is actually a computer. That means he navigated the mouse to the different icons, turning on the media center and starting up "my movie" he told me, Toy Story. He was proud of himself. Now I'm torn - so sad that he didn't want his parents when he woke up this morning and proud that he did take care of himself.



Don't grow up too quickly Mr. Grant, your Mommy still wants to be needed.


No comments: