About Me

My photo
Hi I’m Jen- I'm one lucky lady to be married to the most wonderful man, Jason. I am a mother to three beautiful children, Grant, Norah, who was born with hydrocephalus, and Mason. I love spending my time with my family. I also like to challenge myself with new things. I'm on a constant quest to become more organized, it may never happen but it's a dream. I currently work part-time as a RN in an emergency department. I love this journey of life that I am on with God by my side, knowing that all things are possible when you Believe.

Friday, July 6, 2012

4th of July Celebration

Our typical 4th of July fun occurs at my parents cabin, but this year because of work schedules and our upcoming move it just wasn't in the plan to travel to Minnesota. We tried to make the most of the day here and find our festive spirit. We went to a parade in our soon to be new town with some friends.

Before the kids became to sweaty, stick or dirty, I wanted to get a picture of the kids together while waiting for the parade to start.

Attempt #1


Attempt #2


Attempt #3


Each photo was just getting worse than that one before, it just wasn't going to happen. Norah doesn't last long in the heat, so we snuggled up waiting for the parade to start in our matching tiaras.


We brought some portable fan and spray bottles along to help keep cool. Norah was trying to figure out how to work it.


Jason's hat was definitely the most fun.


When we were purchasing our fun hats, I tried to get him to purchase this one...


but trying to convince him to wear it outside in the 100+ temperatures we are having didn't work. I thought he could pull of the look even if there was sweat pouring off him(I may need to go back and buy the hat and matching Uncle Sam suit for him to wear for halloween now that it's on clearance ;) ).

We had a great time at the parade, the kids were excited about the candy they chased down during the parade and getting to see all the police cars, firetrucks and ambulances up close.


Happy Birthday America!!



No comments: