I was dizzy with all the possibilities that the next day could bring. Are they just covering their butts because the received all these extra phone calls about Norah, did our pediatrician have other concerns that he didn't share with us, there is also the concern that Norah's shunt maybe over draining, is that playing into this, did they review the xrays again and maybe see something? I was as close to an anxiety attack as I have ever been.
Friends and family were called to set up care for Grant if the 'what if's' became reality. Then there was the issue with work. I was scheduled to work a 12 hour shift. I had stayed home on Saturday to help Jason and keep an eye on Norah, but I am currently the only one getting paid in our family and we need the money to pay the bills. Jason and I decided I would go to work, and he would call me as soon as the neurosurgeon saw Norah.
It was so hard to work in the ER, taking care of other people when I just wanted to be with my family, taking care of my Norah. I was anxious, and the fact that the neurosurgeon was 2 hours late to see Norah only added to my stress.
RELIEF!! "Jen, you have a call on 8943." Yes, it's FINALLY Jason.
All is well. The neurosurgeon agrees that Norah has a cephalohematoma. In fact he thinks her head may even be beginning to follow a growth curve. He thought she looked great, and to cancel our September appointment and see him in January. Really?? I had prepared myself for the worst outcome and I'm trilled that we received the best one. Thanks for all your prayers.